I have always been a fan of The Miami-Dade County Fair and Exposition. Being the foodie that I am, my favorite part is the food! I went on opening day and I was not disappointed.
Here is what you need to know:
- The Fair will be open from March 15-April 8. It is open daily except March 19-20 & April 2-3.
- Nelly, Gente de Zona, TLC, Sugarhill Gang, and more will be performing. Here is a full list w/ dates and times: http://www.thefair.me/thefair/fairinfo-entertainment.php
- Parking information:
General Parking – Save 50% on parking! Only $5 when you purchase online by 3/14 or $8 when you purchase online between 3/15-4/8. Click here to purchase parking pass. Parking can be paid at the fairgrounds with cash, credit or debit cards for $10 starting on March 15.
Courtesy trams with continuous service will transport guest to the Main Gate Entrance. Click here to see the 5 tram stations.
Guests arriving via Uber, Lyft, Taxi, Miami-Dade Transit or being dropped off by private vehicle can enter at Gate #7 at SW 17 Street and 107 Avenue. For parking enter thru SW 112 Avenue and Coral Way, SW 114 Avenue & Coral Way, SW 117 Avenue & SW 22 Street or SW 117 Avenue & SW 21 Street. For pedestrian drop-off take Coral Way (24 Street) & 109 Avenue (Gate 2) on weekends after 2pm. Click here to see the Parking Lot Map.
- Statistics: Nearly 100 rides, 175 food vendors, 41 games, 63,000 Student Exhibits inside Arnold Hall, and 100 Sponsors & Business Exhibitors in The MarketPlace.
- Directions to the Fair: http://www.thefair.me/thefair/fairinfo-directions.php
How to Save Money $$$:
- Youngsters 5 and under are admitted FREE every day, all day.
- Seniors 65 years of age and better are admitted FREE every day, all day.
- Each student in Miami-Dade County received a FREE student admission ticket for select days of the 2018 Youth Fair. The Youth Fair distributed these tickets to public, private, parochial, charter and home schools. Valid Mondays through Fridays. Ticket is required.
- Boy and Girl Scouts wearing their uniform receive FREE admission on Monday, March 26. Coupon is not required.
- Any current student or employee who brings his/her current FIU ID to any of the turnstiles receives FREE admission on Wednesday, March 21.
- Active and retired military personnel receive FREE admission with presentation of valid I.D. on Opening Day and every Wednesday.
- Police and Fire Rescue personnel receive FREE admission with presentation of valid I.D. on Opening Day and every Wednesday.
- $7 admission before 6 pm Mondays through Thursdays. Not valid on Opening Day. Offers cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers. Click here for coupon.
- Bring any Coca-Cola wrappers (20 oz. or 2 liter) Monday through Thursday before 6 pm and only pay $7 admission. Must present wrapper prior to purchase.
- 7 admission before 6 pm Monday-Thursday when presenting your easy card or easy ticket at any Main Gate Ticket Booth. Must present Easy Card or Easy Ticket prior to purchase.
- Fair Expo Grille Sale – Save up to $32
Food & Drinks:
- Arepa from Arepa Queen – The best arepas!!! An arepa from Arepa Queen is traditionally the first thing I always eat at the Fair.
- Beer!!! A Blue Moon a day keeps the doctor away– that’s how the saying goes, right?
- CORN – Deal: Buy 4 corns and get the 5th one free. If you didn’t eat a corn, did you really go to the Fair?
- Beef Shish Kabobs at The Argentinian Grill – My sister’s favorite stand!
- Black Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream at Polar Bear Ice Cream – I’m lactose intolerant, but it was so worth it! I’m gonna have to go back and eat it again…
I usually go multiple times a year to the Fair; I will update as I go.
What’s your favorite Fair food?