I went to Safari Edventure on Easter Sunday (April 1st) and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Where else in Miami do you get to participate in a wolf encounter? Allowing you to play and cuddle with baby wolves, along with full-grown, (almost) dire wolf status wolves–ok, maybe I’m getting a little carried away. After bonding with the wolves, I did feel like I should change my name to Caylin Stark – doesn’t it have a nice ring to it?
Here is what you need to know about Safari Edventure:
- It is NOT a huge, government funded zoo. They are a non-profit organization with a staff mostly made up of volunteers and funded by memberships and private donations.
- It is located in S.W. Miami-Dade County FL –– 23700 SW 142nd Ave Miami, FL 33032
- It is OPEN Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 10AM-5PM. CLOSED Monday & Tuesday.
- NO reservations needed during regular operating hours.
- Admission: Adults $18, Children (4-12 yrs.) & Seniors 60+ $15, 3 yrs & under are FREE. Florida Resident Discount -$3 off each person (ID REQUIRED)
- Hands-on presentations & adult wolf encounters (not baby wolf encounters) are included in the admission price.
- SPECIAL, PRIVATE INTERACTION TOURS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE.
In The Scenes, (“ITS”) Tours are available for private and extra interaction.
Generally includes: private time with the wolves, wolf puppy interaction, pet & feed emus, pet & feed porcupines, hold a sloth, interaction with an umbrella cockatoo, and feeding alligators.
Cost is $55/person with a two person minimum (includes admission).
Reservations are recommended to secure a tour.
To make a reservation, call 305-238-9453.
- Presentations on weekdays are USUALLY at 12:00 & 3:00. The typical weekend schedule is 11:30, 1:30 & 3:30, but can vary. Ask for the schedule when you arrive.
WOLF PUPS: The day began with playing with baby wolves. The main reason I have been dying to go to Safari Edventure was b/c of these little cuties. It was so worth it….
ADULT WOLVES: The wolves were well-behaved, friendly, and definitely not camera shy. Careful with small children, the wolves like to take hair accessories!
FUN FILLED PRESENTATIONS: Special showings of exotic animals are a part of the fun. Kick back, relax and enjoy the show! The presentation I saw included an alligator, skunk, sloth, tarantula, snake, chinchilla, and more.
ANIMAL FEEDINGS: For a small additional charge, you can bottle feed the pigs, along with feeding the horses/ponies/donkeys and goats.
OTHER EXOTIC ANIMALS & BEAUTIFUL SIGHTS:
It was a day well spent at Safari Edventure. Next time you have a day off, check it out!